Apologies for cross-posting but there are so many exciting things I wanted
to share with this group. Most of which are happening this week.

These virtual events will be worth it! We also have an essential
questionnaire we are collaborating on with the Cultural Programs at the
National Academy of Sciences. It's important we capture the creative and
cultural moment in history.

*GLOBAL LASER KICKOFF: PANDEMIC ENCOUNTERS*
23 May 2020, 12:00–1:30 p.m. EST (NYC) - Virtual
Pandemic Encounters is a networked performance installation inhabited by
the live chroma-figure of *Paul Sermon*. The theme is “being[together] in
the deep third space.” Participants are invited to enter into the deep
third space to engage and perform a ritual action as a reflection on the
Covid-19 state of being[together] remotely. Each action has its own form:
an artistic expression, a scientific analysis, a poetic rendering, a
political manifesto, a social critique, a dystopic cry of distress, a
subtle movement, a moment of catharsis, or a call in the night from some
distant corner of the world. Organized by *Randall Packer (Third Space
Network), Leonardo LASER Talks and includes 15 performances across the
globe.*
More info and to register <https://www.leonardo.info/global-laser-talks>

*A QUESTIONNAIRE ABOUT YOU, CREATIVITY, AND CULTURE DURING COVID-19*
------------------------------
Cultural Programs of the National Academy of Sciences, in collaboration
with Issues in Science and Technology magazine and Leonardo/ISAST, have
created a questionnaire to collect information about creative responses to
the coronavirus pandemic. Collaboration and integrative ideas are critical
now more than ever. Please help us collect information as we generate a
time capsule of creative responses. Share your creative projects or add
projects that have inspired you. Multiple responses can be entered by
completing the questionnaire more than once. By collecting these stories,
we hope to map activities and provide a marker in time of resilience
through collaboration and creativity Please respond now
<https://cpnas.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3daeb2d271a8dba19f637b203&id=90a0ad7754&e=7ecd0b274d>

*AROUND NATURE *
Thursday 28 May 2020, 8:00 AM EST (DC)
------------------------------
Cultural Programs of the National Academy of Sciences, Leonardo/ISAST and
the Cultural Office of the Spanish Embassy invite you to Around Nature.
This session will be exploring social, economic, environmental, and
gastronomic consequences of the first circumnavigation of the Earth 500
years ago. Reserve your spot
<https://cpnas.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3daeb2d271a8dba19f637b203&id=cc81240ea8&e=3c171d666c>

*Other Events this week with Leonardo/ISAST*
*LASER Auckland: **The Observatory Project: Revealing a Hidden Universe*
Friday, 22 May 2020, 3:30 p.m. NZST RSVP
<https://www.leonardo.info/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=502>

*Leonardo S+T+ARTS: A Conversation On "What's next? Art-science ideas
emerging from the lockdown"*
Wednesday 20 May, 9am PST/6PM CET
Find out more <https://www.leonardo.info/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=501>
This event is at capacity but we will have an additional one in June.

*To get up to date information on the Leonardo Network place make sure you
are signed up for our newsletter. Link here
<https://www.leonardo.info/newsletter-sign-up>.*

We're in this together,

*Danielle Siembieda*
*Managing Director*

*Here Is Your Toolkit for Art, Viruses and Social Connecting.*
<https://www.leonardo.info/blog/2020/03/24/covid-19-resources-art-science-toolkit-social-distancing-and-connectedness>

<http://www.leonardo.info/> <https://www.facebook.com/Leonardo.ISAST/>
<https://twitter.com/leonardoISAST>
<https://www.instagram.com/leonardoisast/>