Dear all,

Here is a link to a piece on BBC I've written for openDemocracy's OurBeeb https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/ourbeeb/coronavirus-has-strengthened-case-bbc/

The section is edited by Adam Ramsay ([log in to unmask]) so you might want to discuss contribution ideas with him, although I would suggest not doing so immediately as their commissioning focus is inevitably covid-19 focused at present.

On the DCMS Consultation on the Licence Fee (decriminalisation), shadow culture minister Tracy Brabin has urged the gov to pause. See https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/mar/25/bbc-pauses-plans-to-cut-jobs-amid-coronavirus-outbreak

However, this is a reminder that the consultation is still live and closes 1 April, if you want to submit comments of any length - https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/consultation-on-decriminalising-tv-licence-evasion

Best wishes,

Jonathan

Jonathan Hardy BA MA PhD FHEA
Professor of Media and Communications
School of Arts and Digital Industries,
University of East London, Docklands Campus
London E16 2RD
Tel: +44 (0)20 8223 6266

https://www.uel.ac.uk/Staff/h/jonathan-hardy

Critical Political Economy of the Media: An Introduction
http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415544849/