If this email does not display correctly you can access it at  https://go.alt.ac.uk/Digest547

Weekly News Digest - Issue 547, 16 March 2020

Welcome to this week's news digest. In this edition:

  1. Updates for Members
  2. News, events, courses and Calls for Proposals
  3. Jobs
  4. New publications from #altc blog and Research in Learning Technology

1. Updates for Members

FEATURED - Learning Technologist of the Year Awards 2020 - entries close 25 March 2020

The ALT Learning Technologist of the Year Awards judging panel has now been announced! We have ten judges, all experienced in the Learning Technology field. Entries are still open, and close on 25 March 2020. Read about the full judging line up and details on how to enter.

Next submission deadline
5pm (UK time) Friday

Next publication date
Every Monday

Submit your news
via this form

Social media
Follow #altc for updates

#altc Blog
Read recent posts

Research in Learning Technology
Open Access - recent articles

Annual Conference 2020 Call for Proposals extended to 2 April 2020

Our Call for Proposals for the Annual Conference 2020 has been extended, to support the submission of proposals from those ALT Members who were taking place in industrial strike action in February and March. The call is now open for submissions until 2 April 2020. Read more about the Annual Conference 2020 and how to submit your proposal.

OER20 cancelled and reduced programme to run online

The Board of Trustees met on 12 March to review the situation of the OER20 Conference in light of the developing COVID-19 outbreak. The Board reviewed all aspects of the conference, our participants, speakers, sponsors and staff. We have come to the view that the risks we now face are so serious and complex that we have no effective way of mitigating against them and that for that reason we must cancel the face to face element of the OER20 conference and deliver a reduced programme of activities. More information - https://go.alt.ac.uk/39PF0Vr

Back to top

2. News, events, courses and calls for proposals

Courseware Glossary, drafted by Jisc - can you help to refine?

Following research into courseware purchasing within the UK, Jisc has determined that there is not as yet a common terminology. In conjunction with our teaching and learning colleagues and librarians, we have drafted a glossary. We would be grateful if any of your members could review and provide feedback before we publish. Please note link provided expires Friday 20th March, please contact me directly ([log in to unmask]) if you need a copy after this date. Thank you. https://go.alt.ac.uk/38V5fIT

International Conference on Visual Literacies and Visual Technologies for Teaching, Learning and Inclusion – 12th May 2020, Athens, Greece: Call for Abstracts

This conference explores how visual learning technologies (e.g. digital comics, video, virtual and augmented reality) can contribute to addressing challenges in teaching, learning and inclusion. The conference includes a workshop on comics for inclusive English language learning and showcases an new mobile app and open educational resources. You are invited to submit a 300-word abstract by 13th March to [log in to unmask]

Registration is FREE for all participants. Accommodation will be provided to participants from outside Greece (subject to approval on a first come, first served basis as numbers are limited). This conference is hosted by the CIELL consortium, co-funded by the ERASMUS+ Programme of the European Union. For further information see ciell.eu/conference or email [log in to unmask] https://go.alt.ac.uk/2HXablm

ALT West Midlands meeting: Accessible learning

Booking is now open for an ALT West Midlands regional group meeting at the University of Warwick on Monday 27th April 2020. Join us and share how your institutions are designing more accessible learning environments and resources.

The meeting will be held in the Experimental Teaching Space at University of Warwick and hosted by Kerry Pinny (Senior Academic Technologist).

To contribute a proposal, contact John ([log in to unmask]) or Libby Symonds ([log in to unmask]). https://go.alt.ac.uk/2vSjOyM

Back to top

3. Jobs

NEW - Jisc - Senior consultant – data and digital capability

Data and digital capability
Ref: n/a
from £42,000 per annum when working full time (35 hours a week)
Full time, (Secondment from HE can be considered for 1 to 2 years)
Closing date: 03 April 2020
Informal enquiries to [log in to unmask]
https://go.alt.ac.uk/2xIz3eP

University of Hertfordshire - E-Learning Technology Developer

Learning and Teaching Innovation Centre
Ref: 027236
£28,331 - £33,797
Full time, Permanent
Closing date: 22 March 2020
Informal enquiries to Jonathan Meere, [log in to unmask]
https://go.alt.ac.uk/2vIsE2K

Coventry University - Learning Designer

CU Online
Ref: CUOL000023
£37,395 to £41,795 p/y
Full time
Closing date: 22 March 2020
Informal enquiries to [log in to unmask]
https://go.alt.ac.uk/2Trxfz2

Back to top

4. New publications from #altc blog and Research in Learning Technology

#ALTC Blog

Research in Learning Technology

  • NEW - Examining educational technology and research impact: the two roles of e-learning and related terms in the 2014 REF impact case studies
    Katy Jordan - https://go.alt.ac.uk/3cNuaRH
  • NEW - Becoming an open educator: towards an open threshold framework
    Gemma Tur, Leo Havemann, Dawn Marsh, Jeffrey M. Keefer, Fabio Nascimbeni - https://go.alt.ac.uk/2IAE0Zi
  • NEW - A Framework for Mixed Reality Free-Choice, Self-Determined Learning
    Claudio Aguayo, Chris Eames, Thomas Cochrane - https://go.alt.ac.uk/2vZJoSZ
  • A cross-sectional study of video game play habits and graduate skills attainment
    Matthew Barr - https://go.alt.ac.uk/2PzbHyn
  • Exploring mixed reality based on self-efficacy and motivation of users
    Kathy Essmiller, Tutaleni I. Asino, Ayodeji Ibukun, Frances Alvarado-Albertorio, Sarinporn Chaivisit, Thanh Do, Younglong Kim - https://go.alt.ac.uk/39TD3XA

Back to top

The ALT News Digest is published on Mondays. Deadline for submissions 5pm Friday. Submit your items via https://www.alt.ac.uk/news/alt-news-digest

---

Disclaimer. Reasonable care is taken to ensure that the ALT Digest is accurate. But ALT does not vouch for the accuracy of information provided on websites to which the digest links, and opinions expressed on those sites should not be construed to be those of ALT.

######################################################################## -- An announcements list for members of the Association for Learning Technology (ALT). To switch ALT-ANNOUNCE to receive output from the list in digest form, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message set ALT-ANNOUNCE digest in the body of the email. To unsubscribe to ALT-ANNOUNCE, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message leave ALT-ANNOUNCE, in the body of the email. --