Posted on behalf of the Dewey Editors:

"Want to help shape library classification? The Dewey editors are hosting a webinar February 11th and we invite you to join us!

We're working to make the Dewey Decimal Classification more transparent and more responsive to your needs. We rely on suggestions for improvements from the community, which can include expanding subject areas, clarifying instructions, relocating topics, and more. In this session, we'll talk about why your expertise in libraries is incredibly valuable and how you can make Dewey better for library users around the world!

We'll tell you about the various ways you can be a part of revising Dewey:

review proposals to change the DDC and share your thoughts
receive draft proposals via email and help shape their development
develop your own suggestions for changing Dewey into formal proposals
Details:

Tuesday 11 February 2020

3:00 - 4:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (North America) [UTC -5]

Free and open to all; register at https://oclcwebinar.webex.com/oclcwebinar/onstage/g.php?MTID=ec9c65c9b32a680610f50d98966660346.

Can't make it? This webinar will be recorded, and we'll also be hosting another webinar in March that will go into more depth about how you can propose your own changes to the DDC."