Apologies for X-posting
Dear list members,
This is a reminder for the upcoming Language Teaching Forum @ York workshop.
• Digital tools, translation software, and academic integrity in language teaching
• Alison Organ, Senior lecturer, York St. John University
• Stephen Gow, Academic Integrity Coordinator, University of York
• Tuesday, 10 December 2019, 1-3pm
• VC 026&27, Vanbrugh C-Block, University of York
1:00 - 1:10 Registration and Coffee
1:10 - 1:20 Welcome and Introduction
1:20 - 2:20 Alison Organ: Blissful ignorance? Or turning a blind eye? Language departments’ attitudes to student use of Google Translate.
2:20 - 2:50 Stephen Gow: Rethinking assessment, language learning and academic integrity in the age of digital tools and contract cheating.
2:50 – 3:00 Closing remarks and feedback
Free admission. Refreshments provided. Please register by Wednesday, 4 December 2019 using this registration form: https://forms.gle/CEwuqfjxueV7ohj8A
Further details of the workshop as well as video recordings, PowerPoints and handouts from previous workshops are available on the forum's website (www.languageteachingforum.org). Please forward this to anyone you think might be interested. If you have any questions please contact: [log in to unmask]. Many thanks.
To unsubscribe from the IBERIA list, click the following link: