BCS SGAI: FAIRS 19 - a free training event for AI Research Students - Cambridge, December 16th 2019

As part of the AI-2019 SGAI International Conference on Artificial Intelligence that is held every year in Cambridge, we are offering an event designed for graduate students in the Artificial Intelligence computing area: the Forum for AI Research Students (FAIRS).

FAIRS'19 will take place on Monday December 16th, the day before the main AI-2019 conference starts. It offers a full day of workshops and presentations that provide advice and guidance for students when conducting their research. Lunch and refreshments are provided. (Please note that this is a separate event. No registration for AI-2019 is required or expected.)

We would like to invite postgraduate students in the area of Artificial Intelligence to this event and we would be very grateful if you could please help us by forwarding the information below to students (and their supervisors) and encouraging them to attend.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Dr. Giovanna Martinez-Arellano

Research Fellow in Data Science

Institute of Advanced Manufacturing
Nottingham University

HAPPENING THIS YEAR: FAIRS '19

The Forum for AI Research Students is happening again this year for the twelfth time, just before the AI-2019 SGAI International Conference on Artificial Intelligence. It is a fantastic opportunity for new and developing AI research students to get a step up in their academic careers.

INFORMATION ABOUT FAIRS '19:

- Who should attend?

-- All AI research students

- What is it?

-- A full day of workshops and forums on "how to be an effective AI researcher", including presentations by Prof. Frans Coenen and Prof. Max Bramer

- Why should I go?

-- It will make your research better and your life easier!

- What does it cost?

-- It is free except for £15 (+VAT) as a contribution to the cost of lunch and refreshments

- Where is it?

-- Peterhouse College, Cambridge

- When is it?

-- 16th December, 2019

- What are some other reasons I should go?

-- Networking opportunities with other researchers and students, suggestions and advice from other experienced and successful students.

- Do I need to register for the main conference?

-- You do not need to register for the main conference in order to attend FARIS. Just book your place for FAIRS through the website before December 10th (http://www.bcs-sgai.org/fairs2019/).

I HAVE A QUESTION

Then please email Giovanna ([log in to unmask]) and she'd be happy to help.