Hi David

Although not a policy as such, our current approach is to assess and make a decision on the same/similar criteria to paid content – i.e. is the material appropriate for our collection and can we provide a discovery experience which is positive and successful for our customers.

We are currently working through the Unpaywall integration to Alma/Primo to assess the impact on discovery and access alongside our existing content.

Hope this helps, and I would also be very interested in any outputs of your work on this.

Thanks

Lee

Lee Blyth

Discovery & Access Librarian, Library Collection & Digital Services

T:  +44 (0)191 243 7664

E:  [log in to unmask]

Twitter: @leeblyth

University Library, Northumbria University, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 8ST, United Kingdom