Computer Vision and Machine Learning for Cultural Heritage - [ Postdoc ]
Added on: 26/09/2019 - Expires on 15/11/2019
The IIT Center for Cultural Heritage Technology (CCHT@Ca’Foscari) of Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia in Venice aims at researching and promoting new technologies and approaches for analysis and preservation of Cultural Heritage expanding and improving current approaches. More broadly, it engages in the field of Digital Humanities by applying digital analysis to the textual and iconographic content of material culture. A strongly interdisciplinarity-oriented infrastructure, the Center combines expertise from computing and conservation sciences domains, integrating these competencies to foster cutting-edge research.
CCHT@Ca’Foscari is currently seeking to appoint a Computer Vision/Machine Learning post doc with high level of seniority.
The selected candidate will join an interdisciplinary team of researchers, contributing to the development of next generation computer vision and machine learning approaches applied to the Cultural Heritage (CH) and, more broadly, Digital Humanities (DH) domains.
· a Ph.D. in computer science or related field (with specialisation in either computer vision or machine learning) and at least 3 years of postdoc experience;
· Knowledge of programming languages, e.g. Python, C/C++ and MATLAB;
· Experience in grant proposal preparation at European and National level;
· Previous work and proven interest in cultural heritage and, more broadly, Digital Humanities
· Proven interdisciplinary collaborations with scientific staff or stakeholders in the Cultural Heritage /Digital Humanities fields.
· Strong track record of research publications in top tier conferences and journals (e.g. CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, ICML, NIPS, PAMI, JMLR, etc.).
· Good communication skills and ability to cooperate;
· Proficient in English language (written and oral).
· Experience in supervising or co-supervising Ph.D. students or junior postdocs;
· Knowledge of OpenCV, PCL and Open3D libraries;
· Experience on Deep Learning algorithms and relevant platforms (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, Theano, Caffe);
The successful candidate will be offered a salary commensurate to experience and skills.
The call will remain open until the position is filled but a first deadline for evaluation of candidates will be November 15, 2019. Please send your application to [log in to unmask] quoting “CCHT Computer Vision and Machine Learning Senior PostDoc BC 77512” in the e-mail subject. Your application must include (as separate documents):
a detailed CV
a research statement, expanding on current and past research
3 representative publications.
2 reference letters
Contacts: [log in to unmask]
Center for Cultural Heritage Technologies @Ca’Foscari
VEGA - Parco Scientifico Tecnologico di Venezia
Via della Libertą, 12
30175 - Marghera (VE)
DONA IL TUO 5X1000
ALL’ISTITUTO ITALIANO DI TECNOLOGIA
codice fiscale 97329350587
To unsubscribe from the CAS list, click the following link: