Hi Giles

Quick glimpse at our client stats, per annum:

Small museum, say 100k page views, 25K users
Biggish (sub-national) museum, say 1m page views, 250k users

Obviously a very different use case to what you're doing, but may give you some indication.

As Matthew says, transfer isn't generally limited (well, not within museum type realms of traffic, anyway...) - storage and memory are usually the things that change price.

The Digital Ocean pricing page illustrates this pretty well: https://www.digitalocean.com/pricing/ - you'll find much the same at most other hosts.

IMO if you're not confident being a server admin, don't self (as in "hardware in your organisation") host. In fact, I'd say don't use Digital Ocean direct either, instead grab a service that gives you a managed layer over the top - something like CloudWays, ServerPilot, etc etc.

ta

Mike

Mike Ellis

Thirty8 Digital: a small but perfectly formed digital agency: http://thirty8.co.uk