Dear all

Please let me know if you are interested in running an event as part of the CSE South Group research working group this coming year. Yuliya Yurchenko will be shadowing me this year to run these so please contact us both.

This is a discussion of the first workshop I organised to launch this working group in 2013:

Contemporary Conditions of Capital http://www.cseweb.org.uk/south.html

Here are some of the further events we have run (not a complete list):

Antifa and the Trans-Atlantic Far Right, Machines & Measures, New Materialisms:

https://csesouth.wordpress.com/

The stipulations are that the place you hold the event, usually where you work, is in the Southern part of the UK. We have Midlands (David Bailey), Transpennine (Stuart Shields) and Scottish (Paul Stewart) groups too so let us know if that's of interest too.

You will know that these Working Groups have 'replaced' the CSE Conference, well regarded in the 1970s. They are a great platform for keeping the Marxist debates alive and updated.

Looking forward to your suggestions. There is a small budget to run these, by the way. Topics must fall within Marxist and critical theory debates and not be composed of manels. We'll help you with the line-up etc. if needed and surrounding.

Phoebe Moore [log in to unmask] ; Yuliya Yurchenko <[log in to unmask]>