on behalf of Charlie Tweed <[log in to unmask]>

CFP:  IJCMR: Fiction Machines Deadline  30 October 2019

In this special issue of the IJCMR we will ask how fictional methods are being employed to rethink and renegotiate our relationship with current and future technologies; how such methods can be used from activist and political perspectives; how they can address and critique post-truth conditions; how they can reveal forgotten histories and non-human perspectives; and how they can be used to speculate on, and design, new futures and new sorts of machine.

This special issue of International Journal of Creative Media Research invites practice based researchers with an interest in Fiction Machines to submit works that locate themselves around one of the following thematic strands:

Strands:

·       Activist fictions

·       Speculative design fictions

·       Non-human fictions

·       Post-truth fictions

This special issue will be edited by Charlie Tweed (Bath Spa University), Tony D Sampson (UEL) and Andy Weir (Arts University Bournemouth).

The deadline for submissions is 30th October 2019 for publication in July 2020. Please email 300-word abstracts to Email: [log in to unmask]

We will accept work in three submission categories

·       'Single-Piece Explorations' (i.e. a single video or audio piece accompanied by a 1,500-word research statement)

·       'Multi-Piece Portfolios' (i.e. a number of mixed media artefacts like video, image and audio, accompanied by up to a 3,000-word commentary)

·       'Practice Discoveries' (i.e. a 6,000-word article about an area of creative practice)

More information: https://www.creativemediaresearch.org/author-guidelines

The special issue has emerged from the Digital Ecologies II: Fiction Machines symposium which took place at Bath Spa University in July 2019.

--

Dr Charlie Tweed, FHEA

Senior Lecturer in Digital Media and Culture

To unsubscribe from the CAS list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=CAS&A=1