Hello Everyone,

My name is Emma and I am a Science Communication MSc student at UWE, Bristol. For my dissertation, I am researching the role that podcasts can play as a tool for science communication by research stations and academic institutions.

I’ve been based for 10 weeks now at Umea University’s Climate Impacts Research Centre, in Abikso, northern Sweden. I’ve produced a podcast on behalf of the research centre, titled Field Notes on Climate Change, in which I join researchers out in the field here in the Arctic and explore the questions they’re asking about climate change. With episodes on all sorts from simulated warming experiments with open-top chambers to moving treeline, shrinking alpine regions and Arctic bumblebees, it's been a fascinating project.

You can find it on Apple Podcasts (https://apple.co/2NuZ8FI) , Spotify (https://spoti.fi/2Jw3I11), YouTube (https://bit.ly/2NJXJeG) and on the Climate Impacts Research Centre website (https://bit.ly/2Jx4awe).

But, of course, the fun doesn't stop there... I have also compiled a listener survey along with it, which should take no more than 10 minutes to complete. If you do fancy listening to the podcast and finding out more about the effects of climate change on the Arctic environment, from the researchers at the front line of Arctic research, please also consider answering my survey. Without enough responses, I’ll have very little to write about in my dissertation!

Survey link: https://uwe.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9zeSl7JQcD5xnx3

More details on participant information and consent are provided at the beginning of the survey. The closing date for responses is 31/08/2019. If you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to drop me a line: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Big thank-you’s in advance!

All the best,
Emma

psci-com how-to:
Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list)

Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212