Great idea! Any Scottish (I’m in Ayr/Glasgow) folk fancy doing it too?

Erin

On Fri, 19 Jul 2019 at 16:53, Isabel Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> [...]
>
> On Fri, 19 Jul 2019, 16:32 Eva Amsen, <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm hosting the first of what I hope will be monthly "coworking mornings"
>> for SciComm people in London. If you're freelance, or work by yourself, and
>> you would like some company, join me Wednesday July 24th, from 10-1. Please
>> RSVP using the eventbrite link, so I have an idea how many people to book a
>> table for.
>>

>> https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/london-scicomm-coworking-morning-tickets-65699485931
>>
>> I decided to organise this because it didn't seem to exist yet. I went
>> freelance about 8 months ago, and I occasionally go to a writing group,
>> where lots of different people sit at a big table and work on their own
>> writing projects. It's very motivational and I get a lot done, but in the
>> discussions around the quiet writing time, where we talk about what we're
>> working on, I'm always the only person doing something science-related. I'd
>> like to work with people doing more relatable things.
>>

>> *Qs that you might have, and their As:*
>>
>> *What do I need to know about the venue?*
>> Rotate is a 5-minute walk from Old Street station. There's free wifi, we
>> get 25% discount on tea/coffee, and there are unisex toilets. The
>> not-so-great aspects of it are that it's a cafe, so there is music playing
>> in the background (but other patrons are also working, so it's not super
>> noisy), and the venue is unfortunately not step-free.
>>
>> *Can I arrive late or leave early?*
>> Yes. You'll just miss either the intros or the decompression chat at the
>> end.
>>
>> *Can I join if I am a researcher? Journalist? PE pro? MedComm? Another
>> thing that I don't call "SciComm"?*
>> Yes. If you're on this list, you're probably doing something
>> science/comms related.
>>
>> *Why is this in London and not in my town?*
>> Because I live in London and I want coworking buddies near me. Feel free
>> to steal the idea and run with it in your own area.
>> to [log in to unmask] with one of the following messages (ignoring
>> text in brackets) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com
>> nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail
>> (to resume getting messages) Contact list owner at
>> [log in to unmask] Small print and JISCMail acceptable use
>> policy https://sites.google.com/site/pscicomjiscmail/the-small-print
>> Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212
> to [log in to unmask] with one of the following messages (ignoring
> text in brackets) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com
> nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail
> (to resume getting messages) Contact list owner at
> [log in to unmask] Small print and JISCMail acceptable use
> policy https://sites.google.com/site/pscicomjiscmail/the-small-print
> Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212

psci-com how-to:
Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]