It looks great Greg! I've already added it to the list of resources for a
new workbook I'm working on for the same audience (scientists interested in
scicomm). Now if people would just stop creating new cool things so I can
finalise my list/workbooks. :)

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 10:30 AM Greg Foot <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> [...]
> really useful. Often when I run public engagement or media training with
> scientists (and other STEM-ists) I'm asked about video resources, and I
> regularly get messages from people asking what my route into hosting
> science on TV, Radio & Stage was, and what advice I'd give those starting
> out. So, I made this  course.
>
> "Talking Science: An Introduction To Science Communication" is a series of
> 10 free videos - each with a 2-6 page free pdf of top tips & worksheets -
> that take you through how to talk with the public about anything from the
> world of science, technology, engineering and maths. It's got a focus on
> helping practising scientists communicate their work with non-experts, but
> will also be useful to anyone interested in talking about anything
> STEM-related with the public.
>
> If you think it'd be useful for people you know and can share it with your
> networks that'd be hugely appreciated. There's some copy for newsletters &
> tweets below:
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> - Greg
>

> For emails / newsletters etc:
>
> The first ever YouTube Course on Science Communication has just been
> released. It's a series of 10 free videos - written & presented by BBC
> Science Presenter & YouTuber Greg Foot - that take you through how to talk
> with the public about anything from the world of science, technology,
> engineering and maths. It's got a focus on helping practising scientists
> communicate their work with non-experts, but will also be useful to anyone
> interested in talking about science with the public.
>
> bit.ly/TalkingScienceYouTubeCourse
>

> For tweets:
>
> *The first ever YouTube Course on Science Communication* 10 free videos of
> tips & techniques to help you talk with the public about anything STEM.
> From @gregfoot. bit.ly/TalkingScienceYouTubeCourse
>

> —————————————
> Greg Foot
>
> Science Presenter
> and Creative Director of sciencemedia.studio
>

> WATCH...
> my new BBC TV series “Follow The Food” on BBC World News (which apparently
> goes out in 250 countries to 300+ million viewers a week?!).
>
> LISTEN...
> to the Extended Podcasts of my recent BBC Radio 4 series 'The Best Thing
> Since Sliced Bread’ (which reached #5 in the main iTunes chart).
>
> www.gregfoot.com

> subject) to [log in to unmask] with one of the following messages
> (ignoring text in brackets)
>
> • signoff psci-com (to leave the list)
> • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday)
> • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages)
>
> Contact list owner at [log in to unmask]
> Small print and JISCMail acceptable use policy
> https://sites.google.com/site/pscicomjiscmail/the-small-print
>
> Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212

psci-com how-to:
Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]