I want to share with you my new project, STEM Ginger Education, to see if anybody may be interested in it and perhaps in collaborating in some way.

Dedicated to bringing science to young, inspired and inspiring minds to improve the prospects of our world and our species, STEM Ginger Education broaches the often overlooked matter of 'language' in the field of 'science communication'.

How is science communication realistically going to take place between nations and in what language?

STEM Ginger Education values the cognitive flexibility and wealth that language learning promotes, not just in verbal form but also when understanding one another's cultures and customs. Learning one language makes a person more sensitive to other cultures and languages, even more understanding of his or her own. I am most definitely not out to try and make English a lingua franca, it just happens to be my mother-tongue and it is spoken to greater or lesser extent by so many people around the globe that I feel this should be exploited, particularly in the field of science. Educating children from a young age in  in science and English at the same time, will increase their confidence and curiosity in the scientific world as well as increasing flexibility and ease with the English language - fantastic tools for their futures as they step out there into the wider world and try to 'tidy up' this mess that we grown-ups have caused!

I am based in Barcelona and I am busy getting STEM Ginger off the ground here but I see this as a useful international project with the aim, in the long run, of sharing scientific findings across boundaries, working together to improve this environmental crisis we now find ourselves in. STEM Ginger Education is aimed at 'Generation Greta' but, of course, to do that we need educators (formal and informal) on board. Without education there is no learning! Our mantra is: Education, Communication, Illumination.

Check out the website ( www.stemgingereducation.com ), which is available in English, Spanish and Catalan; coming soon in Welsh, Italian and German and please do not hesitate to contact me either via the website or here. I hope someone out there can also see the potential in STEM Ginger Education and would like to get involved ðŸ™‚

Best wishes,

Elen Evans
********************************************************************** psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe (or silence messages while away) send an email (any subject) to [log in to unmask] with one of the following messages (ignoring text in brackets) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) Contact list owner at [log in to unmask] Small print and JISCMail acceptable use policy https://sites.google.com/site/pscicomjiscmail/the-small-print Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212 **********************************************************************