Dear Open Education enthusiasts,

Just a quick note that submissions for the "Education Space" at Wikimania, the Wikimedia Movement's annual conference, are open till June 9th, so only 3 more days to submit!

Wikimania this year will take place in Stockholm, Sweden, between 14-18 August, 2019. This year's theme is UNESCO's SDGs, and we are looking forward to explore how we can all work together to make knowledge more accessible, reliable and equiable.

While Wikimania has various "Spaces" (tracks) this year which might apply to people from this community, I'd like to personally encourage you to submit proposal for the Education Space, that I will be curating as part of the Wikipedia & Education User Group, and in collaboration with Educators from around the world.

Please submit inspiring Open Education stories, initiatives and projects that either directly relate to Wikipedia & its sister project, or has the potential for future collaboration. As the Wikimedia Movement is going through its own strategic process for 2030, we will give some more weight this year for submissions from potential partners.

Looking forward to seeing you in Stockholm and of course, if you have any questions, I'm here.

Best,
Shani Evenstein
Education Space Leader, Wikimania 2019
Chair, Wikipedia & Education User Group.

Shani Evenstein Sigalov
* Lecturer, Tel Aviv University.
* EdTech Innovation Strategist, NY/American Medical Program, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University.
* PhD Candidate, School of Education, Tel Aviv University.
* Chief Editor, Project Ben-Yehuda
+972-525640648

To unsubscribe from the OPENEDSIG list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=OPENEDSIG&A=1