On the 12th-century Tournai marble font at East Meon in Hampshire the Expulsion scene shows the angel with the flaming sword driving Adam & Eve from
what is recognisably a city - see my image on Flickr here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22274117@N08/14533519943

Learned ones, do you know of any other examples of this and can you suggest the origin of this iconographical peculiarity?

Gordon Plumb