Dear all,

I’d like to bring to your attention the opportunity for a PhD study in metamorphic petrology at Carleton University (Ottawa, Canada).

Focus of that work will be on the kinetics, conditions and timing of metamorphic processes associated with the tectono-metamorphic evolution of the Caledonides in Finnmark (northern Norway). Methods to be applied include (among others) XR-µCT, LA-ICP-MS, EPMA, and numerical simulations of fundamental processes during metamorphic crystallization.

Students with a strong interest in these methods, basic knowledge of metamorphic petrology, field experience and a solid background in the physical sciences are encouraged to apply. Start date of the PhD project is January 6, 2020.

For further details, and to submit applications, please contact me directly.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Fred

Dr. Fred Gaidies
Associate Professor
Department of Earth Sciences
Carleton University
1125 Colonel By Drive
Ottawa, ON,  K1S 5B6
Canada

phone:613-520-2600 ext. 4435
fax:613-520-5613
email:[log in to unmask]
http://mypage.science.carleton.ca/~fgaidies/

This email contains links to content or websites. Always be cautious when clicking on external links or attachments. If in doubt, please forward suspicious emails to [log in to unmask]

-----End of Disclaimer-----