Hi Melanie,

As noted by the previous post, there are several scripts to rotate bvecs out there. I would go for the HCP pipeline one (https://github.com/Washington-University/HCPpipelines/blob/master/global/scripts/Rotate_bvecs.sh), although the result should be the same.

I would not recommend upsampling the diffusion MRI data. This will lead to a file that is ~8 times larger, which will cost greatly more memory and will make running qboot 8 times slower. In the end this file will not contain any additional information as if we run qboot on the original 2x2x2 mm resolution data. So, instead I would recommend to transform the mask to diffusion space rather than going the other way around. You can use epi_reg or flirt to get the transformation matrix to move the mask to diffusion space. Your mask will lose resolution in this process, however in the end this simply reflects that the data you want to mask has this lower resolution.

Best wishes,

Michiel