Dear all,

With the usual apologies for cross-posting, I am happy to announce that the
new open-access issue of* Movie: A Journal of Film Criticism* is now
available at http://www.warwick.ac.uk/go/moviejournal.

As well as general articles, Issue 8 features an unpublished paper by V. F.
Perkins - 'Badness: an issue in the aesthetics of film' - being made
available for the first time; a series of interviews with Perkins and other
early Movie writers (Charles Barr, Alan Lovell and Ian Cameron) about the
history of British film criticism; and three new audiovisual essays by
Patrick Keating.

*Movie: A Journal of Film Criticism* is moving to a rolling publication
model, meaning that further submissions will be accepted and continue to be
published throughout the year. We are a peer-reviewed open-access journal
committed to publishing rigorous but accessible critical writing that is
responsive to the detailed texture and artistry of film and television, old
and new. In addition to a general call for papers, we are currently
developing themed dossiers that respond to the following topics: (i) *Focus
and contemporary film style*; (ii) *Intention in film and television
criticism*; and (iii)* Digital moments*. See here
<https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/film/movie/submissions> for submission
guidelines.

We hope you enjoy the new issue.

All the best,

Dr. James MacDowell

Assistant Professor in Film & Television Studies, University of Warwick