Dear all

I hope the following event will be of interest. It's in Manchester, and I am still new here so if anyone from CAS is based nearby, let me know! It' be great to connect!

All the best
Irini

Irini Papadimitriou, Creative Director
FutureEverything | Award winning festival and innovation lab
twitter: @futureverything | tag: #futr | web: http://futureeverything.org<http://futureeverything.org/>
Manchester Technology Centre, Oxford Road, Manchester, M1 7ED

Future Sessions: Atmospheric Memory
Symposium: The Air of Turbulence
Mon 8th July, 9.30 - 4.30pm
Science and industry Museum, Manchester M3 4FP (Conference Suite)

A day of debates, conversations and participatory sessions exploring emerging tech, digital heritage and voice against the context of the Cloud, automation, privacy, bias and control.

Who’s this for? Artists, designers, makers, inventors, innovators, creative technologists, industry leaders and anyone else interested in digital culture, AI, ethics, media art, climate change, data politics, futurism and the impact of technology on society.

We’ve got a brilliant lineup of speakers, including artists Rafael Lozano-Hemmer, Anna Ridler, Joana Moll and Katriona Beales, curator José Luis de Vicente, researchers Dr David Jackson, Elvia Vasconcelos, Dr Sarah Mander and Prof Vladan Joler, industry leaders Sam Burton (Mozilla) and Marcus Hadfield, and the inventor of Evi (now Amazon Alexa) William Tunstall-Pedoe.
You can find the full schedule on https://futureeverything.org/event/symposium-future-sessions-the-air-of-turbulence/.

Bookings: https://mif.co.uk/whats-on/symposium-the-air-of-turbulence/

The Air of Turbulence is part of Future Sessions: Atmospheric Memory, a programme of events responding to Rafael Lozano-Hemmer’s breathtaking new artwork Atmospheric Memory, premiering at MIF19.
You can find out more about this exciting co-commission here: www.mif.co.uk/memory<http://www.mif.co.uk/memory>
You can also see what else we have planned for Future Sessions over on our website: www.futuresessions.org<http://www.futuresessions.org>

Future Sessions: Atmospheric Memory is curated and produced by FutureEverything, in partnership with the Greater Manchester Combined Authority.

We hope you can join us and add your voice to the debate.