BLE Webinar: Group Mentoring
Tuesday 25 June 10-11am BST
The purpose of this webinar is to share the method employed at LSHTM to recruit and train alumni mentors in order to enhance students’ learning experience. This has transferability across different HE contexts.
Aims of the session
1. To present key findings from the group mentorship scheme in which alumni support Public Health MSc students undertaking a research project via distance learning through LSHTM
2. To discuss the relevance for other contexts of the transferable lessons learnt
3. To outline and share resources (e.g. mentor training slides www.bit.ly/m150319, code of conduct and template emails) that may be adaptable to other contexts
4. To gain insights from participants on whether these resources are useful / adaptable to different contexts, and whether this mentorship scheme is likely to be transferred elsewhere
Anyone is welcome to attend, but we are specifically targeting staff from the following areas:
- Programme Directors and Module Leaders/Organisers
- Academic and Researcher Development staff (BARDG)
- Student Research Support Staff
- HR/Staff Development
- Student Experience
· Welcome & Introductions - Sarah Sherman, BLE Service Manager
· Presentation – Dr Anna Foss, LSHTM Associate Professor in Public Health Education & Mathematical Epidemiology
· Next steps
Please book your place via this booking form
To access the webinar, please follow this link. For the best experience, please use Google Chrome and a headset. You can test you have access to the room from 30 minutes before the session starts.
Please forward this email on to any colleagues who may be interested in attending.
For any queries about the webinar, feel free to contact Sarah Sherman ([log in to unmask]) directly.
To unsubscribe from the BLE-ANNOUNCEMENTS list, click the following link: