Hi CRUMBs,
I'm happy to announce our workshop in Gwangju. Any CRUMBs going to ISEA, do come along!

ISEA 2019 Workshop http://isea2019.isea-international.org/workshop.asp
Curating the New: Commissioning, Exhibiting, Collecting
22 June 2019, 10am to 6pm, Lecture Room 1 of Asian Culture Center, Gwangju, Korea

Curators, producers, art organisers, distributors, exhibitors and makers find themselves dealing with new kinds of culture, including new digital media, variable, live, or participatory art, design or critical making. This workshop aims to share knowledge across disciplines, to help workers rethink and update their skills for helping this work meet its audiences, into the future.

Speakers and workshop leaders include:

Bona Park of Gwangju Biennale,

Olga Mink of Baltan Labs,

Nora O’Murchu of University of Limerick and Transmediale,

Beryl Graham and Georgia Smithson of the University of Sunderland.

Image from Professional development short course at the University of Sunderland: https://curatingprofessionalcourse.wordpress.com/

Beryl Graham, Professor of New Media Art
CRUMB web resource for new media art curators http://www.crumbweb.org
Research Student Manager, Art and Design
MA Curating Course Leader http://www.macurating.net

Faculty of Arts and Creative Industries University of Sunderland
The David Puttnam Media Centre, St Peter's Way, Sunderland, SR6 0DD  Tel: +44 191 515 2896

Recent books:
New Collecting: Exhibiting and Audiences, Ashgate<http://www.ashgate.com/isbn/9781409448945>
Rethinking Curating: Art After New Media, MIT Press<http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?ttype=2&tid=12071>
A Brief History of Curating New Media Art, The Green Box<http://www.thegreenbox.net/en/books/brief-history-curating-new-media-art>