Hello,

There is one way to do custom names of either resonances or spin systems in CCPNMR v2.4, however it is not compatible with properly assigning them (as far as I know). (We’ve used this before for dealing with lipid peaks for which “proper” assignments can get tricky)

If you create a new peak in the spectrum and then go to the Assign window (“at”), you can then designate the peaks to originate from the same spin system. If you next double-click the assigned resonance in one of the dimensions, you should see a menu offering the choice to “Set Resonance Name” or “Set Spin System Name” (attached). This allows for custom naming, but is not entirely practical as you will (1) keep the spin system numbers alongside this name; (2) as soon as you assign to a specific residue, you loose these custom names.

So, if you have quite simple spectra with few peaks this may be helpful. If you have a complex/large protein, then you’re probably better off looking into the options that Vicky mentioned (and in particular the different chains, which is the way it is “supposed” to be done in CCPNMR data model world, I think)

Patrick