Leaflet is great open source tool for delivering maps. Easy to learn,
lightweight, lots of community developed add-ins. There is a location
add-in available that can be linked to pop ups etc.

And totally free. It’s delivered in a browser.

Here’s one I did earlier. It’s a map of WW2 airfields. All the map layers
are free too and require no keys.

Archive.atamuseum.org/ukairfieldsmap.php

Matthew Shaw