Dear all,

*With apologies for cross-posting*

FemQuant, a network of researchers using feminist approaches to quantitative social science, has recently released a call for papers for an upcoming one-day workshop on the 12th June 2019 at the University of Kent on the theme 'gender data gaps'. The call is attached to this email.  A 200 word abstract should be sent to [log in to unmask] by 6th May and we will make decisions on abstracts by 17th May. We have a travel fund available for early career researchers to fund your return travel to Canterbury to present your paper - please indicate in your submission email if you would like to be considered for this.

The day will consist of a combination of keynote speakers, paper sessions, and a roundtable discussion.
We welcome submissions on any aspect of the gender data gap in any social science context and any region, and particularly welcome works in progress, speculative work, and papers from early career researchers.

At the moment we have three confirmed keynote speakers for the workshop:
We are also hosting a roundtable discussion in collaboration with the Women's Budget Group Early Career Network on 'everyday implications of the gender data gap' which will feature a diverse group of speakers who will speak about gender data gaps in their particular areas of work and the implications of these.

Please see our website for more details: https://femquant.squarespace.com/call-for-papers
You are of course welcome to attend the workshop without presenting a paper - more details on the programme and logistical aspects will be released closer to the time on our website. Also please follow us on Twitter for updates @femquant
If you have any questions about the event please feel free to contact me.

We look forward to receiving your submissions!

Best wishes,
Rose

Dr Rose Cook
Lecturer in Sociology with Quantitative Methods
Kent Q-Step Centre, School of Social Policy, Sociology and Social Research (SSPSSR) University of Kent, United Kingdom

Email: [log in to unmask]
Twitter: @Rose_E_Cook

The BSA Gender Study Group mailing list is for the exchange of ideas and information related to any aspect of Gender Studies and scholarship. We do not undertake editorial control of postings; viewpoints and information posted to the list do not necessarily represent the views of the convenors or association. We encourage respectful communication on the list and ask that questions related to specific postings be directed to the appropriate party.