This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message.
---------------

Hi all

We have been offered this lovely ‘Babyland-Doncaster’ pram plus doll but are not able to take it. Is there anyone out there who would be interested in collecting it? The donor was living in the Doncaster area when the pram was purchased for her. Collection or organised delivery of the pram will be necessary from the Norwich area. If you are interested, please contact me directly and I will pass your details on to the donor.

Dimensions of the pram are:  length - 112cm,  height - 84cm,  width - 40cm.

Additional background from the donor:
‘My parents bought the doll & Marmet pram set for me as a Christmas present when I was 3 years old (nearly 70 years ago) and has a small plaque 'Babyland - Doncaster' on the carriage.  Being the daughter of a coal miner in a post-war mining village 10 miles  from Doncaster, it was an amazing Christmas present!  The doll has always been called Rosebud - not sure if I named her that or if it came with that name.

In later years after I was too old to play with it, my mum kept the doll & pram in her bedroom.  At that time people would keep large amounts of cash in the house instead of having to keep visiting the bank, and she used the false bottom of the pram to secretly store the money.  She has since laughed about the times my nieces played with the doll & pram in the garden as she had a nervous time keeping a watchful eye on them until the pram was safely back in the bedroom, bearing in mind she could have had upwards of £500 in the false bottom at any one time!’

Many thanks

Bethan

Bethan Holdridge
Learning and Curatorial Assistant
07825 063 597

Norfolk Museums Service
Shirehall, Market Avenue, Norwich, NR1 3JQ

[Keep Donor button_new]<http://www.justgiving.com/campaigns/charity/norfolkmuseumsdevelopment/keepgiving>

Inspiring pride in Norfolk's heritage through 10 award-winning museums
Sign up for our regular email bulletins www.museums.norfolk.gov.uk<http://www.museums.norfolk.gov.uk/>
[Logo test]
[NMS email logo lockup 2019]

NMS is a partnership between Norfolk County Council and Norfolk's district councils, funded through council tax, earned income and grants.

--

To see our email disclaimer click here http://www.norfolk.gov.uk/emaildisclaimer
[cid:8A9C27DB-B3FA-4599-A629-96686660A562]

The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group to discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG visit www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the responsibility of the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG. To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as the body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST