Hi Suw,

Great to hear your talking about this. Like you, Ed's article has prompted
me to follow the number of female contributors quoted in the news pages of
The Lancet (World Report, for those of you who are unfamiliar), but I'd
love to hear what other tools are available, other considerations when
reporting about women.

Is your talk going to be public/will you share the feedback you've received
from the mailing list?

Thanks,
Marianne

On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 at 09:59, Suw Charman-Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm giving a talk in a few weeks on gender diversity in journalism,
> running through the stats, what journalist are doing to increase the number
> of expert female voices in their stories, and what can be done from a
> hiring point of view. I'm away of Ed Yong's great piece from last year:
>

> https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2018/02/i-spent-two-years-trying-to-fix-the-gender-imbalance-in-my-stories/552404/
>
> And I was just wondering what measures other folks take to increase the
> number of female voices, and to make sure that women aren't portrayed as
> victims (as they mostly are in news media).
>
> I'd love your thoughts on the matter!
>
> Suw
>

> ----
>
> Web: FindingAda.com <http://findingada.com/>
> Twitter: @findingada <http://twitter.com/findingada>
> Facebook: AdaLovelaceDay <http://facebook.com/AdaLovelaceDay/>

> to [log in to unmask] with one of the following messages (ignoring
> text in brackets) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com
> nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail
> (to resume getting messages) Contact list owner at
> [log in to unmask] Small print and JISCMail acceptable use
> policy https://sites.google.com/site/pscicomjiscmail/the-small-print
> Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212

psci-com how-to:
Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]