This thread has reminded me of a Twitter discussion a few weeks ago where people were claiming that different images of the Earth and Moon taken by Longjian2 and by DSCOVR must be fake news - the misconception was that relative size of Earth and Moon would seem the same no matter where a photo was taken from.

I took some photos using a melon and cherry tomato to explain - when tackling misconceptions it's really effective when people can try something at home & see it for themselves. Also fun!
You can see my pix here, and further up the thread the pix that were challenged: