Hi all,

We’re on the lookout for a consultant to help support our efforts to better understand and engage with online audiences via our digital science engagement platform, Oxford Sparks (www.oxfordsparks.ox.ac.uk).

Our aim is to inform and inspire broad public audiences, particularly young people, by sharing the stories of science research from the University of Oxford, show who researchers are, and what they do.

We want to provide a positive experience of engaging with science research, to increase knowledge and awareness of research, and to enrich science teaching with examples of contemporary research. We do this by creating animations, podcasts and teaching resources, plus other social-media based activities.

We have plenty of data from online analytics and know something of the audiences that follow us, and our ‘incidental’ engagements, but have relatively little on who we’re missing (for obvious reasons) and would like some expert guidance on audience research, specifically around young people and their influencers, focussing on audiences we’re not reaching and engaging at present. We’re in the process of developing our strategy and very aware that we need to take account of who is missing in our current efforts. The outcome of this project is that it may change what we do entirely…

What: proposals from a freelance consultant (/team) to help us develop a plan for our team to undertake audience research and recommendations for future practice

When: deadline for proposals is 5 April, project end-date is March 2020

Budget: £5,000 (inc VAT)

How: we have no steer here, but would like to see proposals that include face-to-face consultation with non-users, if possible.

Where: we’re based at the University of Oxford, and would like to start with our geographical region

If you would like more information then please get in touch and I can send the full brief. If you have any questions I am of course happy to discuss, please just give me a ring.

And please do share with any contacts you think would be interested in undertaking this work.

Best wishes,

Michaela

Dr Michaela Livingstone-Banks (Pronouns: she/her)
Public Engagement Facilitator

MPLS Division, 9 Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3PD
Tel 01865-282595 | Mob 07834975456 |
@a_n_s

www.oxfordsparks.ox.ac.uk | @OxfordSparks | www.mpls.ox.ac.uk/public-engagement

I am a proud LGBT+ Ally

Please think before printing

Looking for Public Engagement training? Bit.ly/GETOUTTHERE

********************************************************************** psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe (or silence messages while away) send an email (any subject) to [log in to unmask] with one of the following messages (ignoring text in brackets) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) Contact list owner at [log in to unmask] Small print and JISCMail acceptable use policy https://sites.google.com/site/pscicomjiscmail/the-small-print Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212 **********************************************************************