A very fair point... lovely though Ed Yong seems and important though his
work is, that is something to keep in mind. Will make a mental note for
next time I reference this work!

Thanks Sedeer!
Marianne

On Fri, 8 Mar 2019 at 09:12, Sedeer el-Showk <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 at 09:59, Suw Charman-Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I'm giving a talk in a few weeks on gender diversity in journalism,
> > > running through the stats, what journalist are doing to increase the
> number
> > > of expert female voices in their stories, and what can be done from a
> > > hiring point of view. I'm away of Ed Yong's great piece from last year:
> > >

> https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2018/02/i-spent-two-years-trying-to-fix-the-gender-imbalance-in-my-stories/552404/
> > >
> > > And I was just wondering what measures other folks take to increase the
> > > number of female voices, and to make sure that women aren't portrayed
> as
> > > victims (as they mostly are in news media).
> > >
> > > I'd love your thoughts on the matter!
> > >
> > > Suw
> > >

> > > ----
> > >
> > > Web: FindingAda.com <http://findingada.com/>
> > > Twitter: @findingada <http://twitter.com/findingada>
> > > Facebook: AdaLovelaceDay <http://facebook.com/AdaLovelaceDay/>

> subject)
> > > to [log in to unmask] with one of the following messages
> (ignoring
> > > text in brackets) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com
> > > nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com
> mail
> > > (to resume getting messages) Contact list owner at
> > > [log in to unmask] Small print and JISCMail acceptable
> use
> > > policy https://sites.google.com/site/pscicomjiscmail/the-small-print
> > > Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300
> 2212

> subject) to [log in to unmask] with one of the following messages
> (ignoring text in brackets)
> >
> > • signoff psci-com (to leave the list)
> > • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday)
> > • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages)
> >
> > Contact list owner at [log in to unmask]
> > Small print and JISCMail acceptable use policy
> https://sites.google.com/site/pscicomjiscmail/the-small-print
> >
> > Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212

> --
> Sedeer el-Showk, PhD
> http://sedeer.elshowk.com
> Contact me:
>   Securely: PGP key 0x9CF1827B
>   On Twitter: @inspiringsci

> subject) to [log in to unmask] with one of the following messages
> (ignoring text in brackets)
>
> • signoff psci-com (to leave the list)
> • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday)
> • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages)
>
> Contact list owner at [log in to unmask]
> Small print and JISCMail acceptable use policy
> https://sites.google.com/site/pscicomjiscmail/the-small-print
>
> Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212

Dr. Marianne Guenot www.about.me/marianneguenot

psci-com how-to:
Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]