Good morning PSCI-COMERs,

A reminder that the closing date for the Senior Manager position is this Sunday!

If you are a science communicator with a science background please take a look OR  feel free to share it if you know someone who may be perfect for the role.

I am available if you have any questions about the role. My details are at the bottom of this email.

Colin

Location: Angel, London

Full time, Permanent (4 days a week will be considered)

Salary dependent on experience

Cancer Research UK is the world's leading independent charity dedicated to cancer research. We carry out scientific research to help prevent, diagnose and treat cancer. We are the only charity fighting over 200 cancer types and we receive no government funding for our life saving research. Together with our partners and supporters, our vision is to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.

The charity has a vast portfolio of funded cancer research across the UK and increasingly, around the world. The role of the Science Media team is to communicate the latest developments in cancer research to the public via print, broadcast, radio and online media. From providing a reactive news service at key international cancer conferences to reporting on the latest incremental advances in research, and telling complex big picture stories, the team is a trusted resource for journalists.

You can find out more about the Science Media team here<https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A8260d503-a279-4855-a2c8-e8f8ae5f6fae>.

We're looking for someone with significant science media experience to manage a team of 3 and publicise to national and international audiences the impressive work that our research community is doing.

We're looking for someone who...

  *   Has a strong understanding of molecular biology, the cancer research field and ideally of the charity's research portfolio
  *   Understands how media campaigns work and how to provoke interest in the media
  *   Knows what makes a good news story at a national level and international level
  *   Has strong influencing and interpersonal skills
  *   Has significant experience working in a journalism and/or communications role
  *   Has a degree in a relevant science subject
*

Please click here<https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A6cf5a670-8179-4846-9be2-39ed7c375278> <https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A6cf5a670-8179-4846-9be2-39ed7c375278> to see the full role profile.

What you'll get from us...

  *   Christmas Eve off, plus 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, plus the opportunity to buy 5 extra days
  *   Excellent pension scheme - we will contribute up to 12% towards your pension
  *   Interest free season ticket loan
  *   Cycle to work scheme
  *   Flexible work environment, smart/casual dress code, Amazon lockers onsite, roof terrace with incredible views and internal collaboration spaces
  *   Great location. We're a 2-3-minute walk from Angel tube station, 15-minute walk from Kings Cross
  *   35 hour working week, with the opportunity to work from home
  *   A commitment from us to support your development
  *   An opportunity to volunteer and get involved in various events
*

Closing date: 3rd March 2019

Please submit a 1000-word cover letter as part of your application. The cover letter should draw on the role profile and use examples of your work to address your suitability for the position.

At CRUK we value diversity and we're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that a diverse workforce will help us to beat cancer sooner.

Please note, from 2019, our head office will be relocating from Islington to a new office space in Stratford, close to the Olympic Park.

Colin Smith
Head of Science Media
Phone | 0203 469 8933
Press Office | 020 3469 8300
Out of Hours | 07050 264 059
ISDN | 020 7713 0488
Angel Building |407 St John Street |London |EC1V 4AD
Web<www.cancerresearchuk.org> | Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/cancerresearchuk> | Twitter<http://twitter.com/CR_UK>

CRUK promises to respect your personal data, and keep it safe. Please see our Privacy Policy for more information on how we handle your data at www.cruk.org/privacy<http://www.cruk.org/privacy>

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended for the above-named person(s). If you are not the intended recipient, notify the sender immediately, delete this email from your system and do not disclose or use for any purpose. We may monitor all incoming and outgoing emails in line with current legislation. We have taken steps to ensure that this email and attachments are free from any virus, but it remains your responsibility to ensure that viruses do not adversely affect you. Cancer Research UK Registered charity in England and Wales (1089464), Scotland (SC041666) and the Isle of Man (1103) A company limited by guarantee. Registered company in England and Wales (4325234) and the Isle of Man (5713F). Registered Office Address: Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London EC1V 4AD.

psci-com how-to:
Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list)

Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212