Dear all,

Just a thought for today. An interesting talk last year at Coseners on the realities of 5G.
Is the research community looking at local processing needs (or, rather, future needs) for applications that develop on the back of 5G? By 'local' I mean within the decision time frame required by the application and hosted somewhere on the network and replicated probably at or near the edge. The questions I have in mind are practical realisations that scale. There are several views on what that level of scale might evolve towards and what latency requirements of applications might drive the preferred solution and I don't wish to comment on every scenario. There are some open questions (I would guess) on an architecture for best scaling.

Regards,

John

To unsubscribe from the NGN list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=NGN&A=1