From: An informal open list set up by UKSG - Connecting the Information Community [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Barwick, Marie
Sent: 12 March 2019 09:24
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [lis-e-resources] IP authentication - to switch off or not to switch off?

Dear all,

Some years ago we switched off IP access on campus in favour of relying on shibboleth authentication and our proxy server from on and off campus. There is some resistance to this now with some users advising that we are the only University that have done this so I would be very interested to find out if any others have also switched off IP authentication, and any feedback that they have received following this.

Happy for replies on or off list and to collate answers for the group if any interest.

Best wishes,

Marie

Marie Barwick  | Resources Manager (Serials e-Resources and Digital Access)
Resource Acquisitions and Digital  Access  |  Library |   University of Warwick<http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/>
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>  |  External: 02476 573011 |  Internal:73011
The Library  | University of Warwick | Coventry  |  CV4 7AL  | Find us on the interactive map<http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/about/visiting/maps/interactive/>

lis-e-resources is a UKSG list - http://www.uksg.org UKSG groups also available on Facebook and LinkedIn Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/UKSG