Dear Paul,
thank you for your communication concerning the European Society for DRT: the Society itself will increase opportunities for all the meetings and organizations, I guess.
We confirm  Catania as the possible candidate university for the 2021 DRT meeting, as announced during the last DRT conference in Inverness. Therefore, in this view, please also consider that me and another colleague from Catania, Rosolino Cirrincione, who will be among the main organizers, are also available as possible board members.
Anycase, we can discuss further details subsequently.
With my best regards
Rosalda Punturo

 Paul Bons <[log in to unmask]> ha scritto:

Dear all,

This email is for those interested in the 2019 and future DRT meetings.

This year, the DRT will be officially organised by the the "European Society for Deformation Mechanisms, Rheology and Tectonics", in short DRT. This society was provisionally founded by the organisers. All who register for this year's meeting will automatically become a member.

Why a society?
- So far, each DRT was stand alone. This meant that every organiser had to start from scratch and no left-over funds could be transferred to the next meeting. The new Society provides the opportunity to create a permanent website and bank account.
- The Society is now in the process of registration in Tübingen as a non-profit, charitable society. This means that the society is tax-exempt. This already means that we do not have to charge 19% VAT on registrations. This (a) saves everyone money and (b) saves the organisers having to go through complex procedures to get some of the paid tax back again, depending on the type of expenses, for example.

Are we now stuck with the Society for ever?
No. All who attend the coming DRT can decide on this during the General Assembly. First discussion and vote will be on keeping the Society or not. If we decide to keep the society, the next main item will be the election of the four board members. It will make sense if at least one of the board members is in the organisational committee for the 2021 DRT. Candidates welcome!

You can find the statutes of the DRT here: https://drt-2019.net/drt-society/

Please remember to register and pay the registration fee for the coming DRT soon (https://drt-2019.net/). Deadline will be when 135 paid registrations are reached or mid April, whichever comes first. We now already have about 70 registrations. Better hurry!

We look forward to welcome you in Tübingen in June,

Paul Bons (provisional President, on behalf of all organisers)

________________________________
Paul D. Bons (Prof. Structural Geology)
Department of Geosciences, Eberhard Karls University Tübingen
Wilhelmstrasse 56, 72074 Tübingen, Germany
Email: [log in to unmask]
Tel: +49 (0)7071 2976469, Fax: +49 (0)7071 293060
ORCID ID: orcid.org/0000-0002-6469-3526
ResearcherID F-2942-2011
Scopus Author ID 7003728863

To unsubscribe from the GEO-TECTONICS list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=GEO-TECTONICS&A=1