Below please find an invitation likely to be of interest to Assistech readers, from Lawrence Howard (invitation redistributed with permission), regarding the participation of Hands Free Computing Ltd in BEACONING (Breaking Educational Barriers with Contextualised Pervasive & Gameful Learning).

The BEACONING Showcase: Gamified and Pervasive Learning Event - is to be held at:
Coventry University London, University House 109 -117 Middlesex Street, London  E1 7JF  on Thursday 11th April 2018.

Invitation follows:
---

Good Morning,

Over the past 3 years, Hands Free Computing have been developing Accessabar – an accessibility tool as part of a €5.9M EU funded project called BEACONING. The project itself features 15 organisations from all across Europe with the aim of assisting students to learn the Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) subjects through the use of serious games. As part of our remit, Accessabar has been developed to enhance the accessibility of any website, not just Beaconing.

With the BEACONING project drawing to a close, I would like to invite you to our showcase event in London on Thursday 11th April. During the event, you will get to see the newly created learning platform in action as well as an in-depth look at our main input into the project, Accessabar, where its accessibility features as detailed below will be shown and explained.

    Text to Speech
    Various Font Options (Including Size, Style & Colour)
    Magnification
    Screen Tinting (Including a Reading Bar & Overlay Bar)
    Background Theme
    Speech Recognition

There is no cost to the event but we would request you register your interest if you are able to come. You can register here on our Eventbrite page here https://www.eventbrite.com/e/beaconing-showcase-gamified-and-pervasive-learning-tickets-56969903515?aff=utm_source%3Deb_email%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dnew_event_email&utm_term=eventurl_text

We really hope you are able to join us on the day and look forward to seeing you then! Although the event goes on for most of the day, the presentation of Accessabar will run from 11am until 12pm.

Further information on the BEACONING Project can be found here - https://beaconing.eu/

Many thanks,

Lawrence Howard
Managing Director
Hands Free Computing Ltd
The Courtyard, Holmsted Farm, Staplefield Road, Cuckfield
West Sussex, RH17 5JF
Tel: 0330 058 0880  Fax: 0330 058 0440
www.hands-free.co.uk