*With apologies for cross-posting*

Alison Shaw, chief executive at Bristol University Press, recently talked with to Research Information about the future of University Presses, OA and the scholarly publishing.

In answer to what the biggest challenges the scholarly communications industry is facing today, Shaw commented, "We should be concerned about the push to one-size-fits-all scholarly communication, both in relation to academic incentives and esteem, and to how we assess quality and value at a time of over-publication and predatory publishing. The culture of trophy publication, where scholars strive to publish certain kinds of publications - notably highly cited papers in high impact journals - to gain prestige, promotions and grants is reductive, and does not fit with the notion of public good. This publishing form also does not suit all disciplines. Plan S and the UKRI OA mandates are policies where HSS disciplines are having to defend their preferred publishing models against a seemingly STM-focused policy."

Read the full interview, here<https://www.researchinformation.info/interview/putting-authors-and-content-centre-stage>.

Click to view the full list of Bristol University Press OA titles.<https://bristoluniversitypress.co.uk/open-access-titles?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_term=ALISS>

Click to view the newly expanded Policy Press Scholarship Online collection.<http://policypress.universitypressscholarship.com/>

Bristol University Press/Policy Press monthly books and journals e-newsletters includes a code for 35% discount on all our books. Sign up to receive news about specific subjects and journals by following the link here<https://bristoluniversitypress.co.uk/signup-bup-pp?utm_source=ALISS&utm_medium=LSE&utm_campaign=Library%20Marketing>.

Get 35% discount on ALL Bristol University Press and Policy Press books by signing up to our newsletter here<http://policypress.co.uk/signup-bup-pp>.

[Friedman]<https://policy.bristoluniversitypress.co.uk/the-class-ceiling>

Bahar Muller / Senior Marketing Coordinator
Policy Press<http://policypress.co.uk/>/Bristol University Press<http://policypress.co.uk/universityofbristolpress>
1-9 Old Park Hill Clifton, Bristol BS2 8BB
Tel: 0117 954 5956

lis-e-resources is a UKSG list - http://www.uksg.org
Follow us on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/UKSG