As an addition to Ben's post about comets, there is a carved depiction of what appears to be a comet on the front of Crowland abbey. Built shortly after the 1145 appearance. Best pic I could find at short notice. https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g3299728-d7712454-i313477570-Crowland_Abbey-Crowland_Lincolnshire_England.html

Matt Champion.

From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ben Wallace
Sent: 15 February 2019 15:11
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Medieval Comets

Well it is a Friday Afternoon so I thought I would send this round, a friend of mine forwarded it to me and I thought it was quite a neat and interesting website. You can pretty much look at all of the contents within 5 minutes, so a nice distraction to set us up for the weekend!

https://uploads.knightlab.com/storymapjs/f2fd99bcd7ada959f175b82715c6a7a0/medieval-comet-sightings/index.html

Ben

Ben Wallace

(Historic Environment Record Manager)

BA (EU) Hons, MA, MCIfA

Warwickshire Historic Environment Record

Archaeological Information and Advice (AIA),

Landscape, Ecology and Historic Environment

Heritage and Environment,

Community Services,

Communities

Warwickshire County Council

Phone: 01926 412734

Postal Address: Archaeological Information and Advice, Communities, Warwickshire County Council, PO Box 43, Warwick CV34 4SX

Physical Address: Archaeological Information and Advice, Communities, Warwickshire County Council, Barrack Street, Warwick CV34 4TH

This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may contain confidential, sensitive or personal information and should be handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately. All email traffic sent to or from us may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.

To unsubscribe from the HERFORUM list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=HERFORUM&A=1