From: Nick Boldrini <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 11 Feb 2019 16:41
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Creating Polygons

Hi folks

We have started work on polygonising our records, and having had a bit of a play need to come up with some sort of policy/manual so we have consistency. The playing phase has thrown up some things to consider, and previous experience means I am aware of some others.

I am aware of various guidance on this (eg MIDAS etc) , but has anyone actually written a manual on what they polygonise (and as importantly what they don't) and why they made those distinctions, they would be willing to share so I can benefit from previous experience/pinch all your good ideas?

I have some ideas and it seems there is no perfect solution, there will always be trade offs, but it would be useful to get anyone elses views on this, even if its just via email if you don't have a formal document

tar

best wishes

Nick Boldrini
Historic Environment Record Officer
Archaeology Section
Heritage, Landscapes and Design Team
Planning Service
Regeneration and Local Services
Durham County Council
County Hall
Durham
DH1 5UQ
Direct: 03000 267008
Switchboard: 03000 26 0000

http://www.durham.gov.uk/archaeology

Follow us on Twitter @durhamcouncil
Like us on facebook.com/durhamcouncil
Follow us on linkedin.com/company/durham-county-council
Follow us  on Instagram @durham_county_council

________________________________

Customer Notice

We have recently updated our terms and conditions for all our services, including making some important updates to our privacy notices. To find out more about how we collect, use, share and retain your personal data, visit: www.durham.gov.uk/dataprivacy<https://www.durham.gov.uk/dataprivacy>

Help protect our environment by only printing this email if absolutely necessary. The information it contains and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are only intended for the person or organisation to whom it is addressed. It may be unlawful for you to use, share or copy the information, if you are not authorised to do so. If you receive this email by mistake, please inform the person who sent it at the above address and then delete the email from your system. Durham County Council takes reasonable precautions to ensure that its emails are virus free. However, we do not accept responsibility for any losses incurred as a result of viruses we might transmit and recommend that you should use your own virus checking procedures.

Think before you print - only print this email if absolutely necessary.

This email and any attachments are strictly confidential and intended for the addressee only.
If you are not the named addressee you must not disclose, copy or take any action in
reliance of this transmission and you should notify us as soon as possible.

This email and any attachments are believed to be free from viruses but it is your
responsibility to carry out all necessary virus checks and Gloucestershire County Council
accepts no liability in connection therewith.