Hi Andy and all

Just picking up on your comments below Andy, we haven’t yet been asked to add “Area of Archaeological Interest” to the representation type look up table in HBSMR v5 (which I know you’re not using yet, but most others are). Are other Scottish HERs using this term as a matter of course now in addition to, or instead of, “Buffered extent”? Individual HBSMR users can obviously add any terms they wish to the look up tables, but as the Scottish HERs are working to commonly agreed standards it would make sense if any default terms are included in the scripts I use to add Scottish-specific terms when I upgrade people’s systems to version 5.

Note that in HBSMRv5 you can record any number of different representation types (known site extent, area of archaeological interest, etc.) against any given HER record for potential use by different audiences.

Thanks

Sylvina

Sylvina Tilbury

Heritage IT Consultant