Exhibits are one of the most expensive of interpretive media we use, and
yet one of the media that we often really don't know if "it works".  We
judge exhibits by their appearance rather than by their success in
accomplishing meaningful objectives. We like to ask -if you spend
$10,000 on your exhibits, how will you determine if you're receiving
$10,000 in benefits from those exhibits? That's usually when we get the
"deer in the headlights" stare.
Join professional interpreter John Ververka for this 4 week online
course. It is the goal of this course to give you some simple tools for
doing evaluations of, or critiquing exhibits. Some tools for critiquing
existing exhibits - to see if they are accomplishing their objectives
and may be in need of rehabilitation, and some for pre-post testing
evaluation of exhibits first being designed to see if they are
accomplishing their objectives prior to final construction so they can
be "fixed" to be more effective.
For more information visit our website:
http://www.museumstudy.com/courses/course-list/evaluating-interpretive-exhibits/

--
Brad Bredehoft
CEO

Anyone can join for free at any time by sending this message to [log in to unmask]:

Join GEM Firstname Secondname

Include only the text above, without email signature etc.   The title of the email doesn’t matter.   Send it to [log in to unmask]

If you are going on holiday or have an out of office message for some other reason, you can send this message:

Set GEM nomail

When you get back:

Set GEM mail

You don’t 'miss' any messages by doing this as they are all available via main GEM list web page as above.

Finally, if you need to change your email address, but stay subscribed to GEM, just send your new email address like this:

CHANGE GEM [log in to unmask]