http://expressive.graphics/2019/

Greetings,

Please consider submitting papers/artworks/posters/demos to Expressive 2019.
This year the symposium will be held at Casa Paganini  in Genova between the 5-6 of May,
and colocated with Eurographics 2019.

I am the organising chair for the Art track and exhibit, so you may contact me for more info or follow the submission instructions linked here:
http://expressive.graphics/2019/submissions/#call-for-artworks--generative-chronicles

Feel free to share with your networks!

Daniel

——

What are the possible transformations and processes underlying the genesis of a visual form? For the Expressive 2019 Arts Program, we invite artwork submissions that explore, visualize, challenge, or reflect upon the process embedded in the artwork itself. This includes, but is not limited to:

Projects may take the form of computer animations and interactive installations, but we also welcome prints, digitally fabricated objects, as well as handmade drawings or design notes.

For each submission, we require an extended abstract of 2 to 4 pages. The extended abstract should describe, illustrate, and discuss how the work relates to the theme of Generative Chronicles or to the Expressive Symposium’s focus on expressive understanding, expressive communication, and expressive interaction. We suggest the inclusion of at least one representative image in the extended abstract.

Submissions can also optionally include supplementary materials, such as additional images, links to a video or website, and technical and installation requirements. Extended abstracts will be published in the ACM/EG Expressive 2019 conference proceedings, and archived through the ACM Digital Library and Eurographics Digital LibraryWe also encourage dual submissions to the Arts Program and the main Expressive papers track. The authors of accepted works will be invited to present their work through a panel discussion or short oral presentation within the main Expressive 2019 conference. All submissions must be made through the Eurographics SRM conference submission site.

Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit extended versions of their manuscripts to be considered for publication in a special section of Computers & Graphics journal (Elsevier) via a fast-track review process.

Please feel welcome to contact the Arts Program chairs Pedro Cruz and Daniel Berio at [log in to unmask] if you have any questions.

For detailed instructions to submit artworks and other materials, please view the submission instructions.

—————————

To unsubscribe from the CAS list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=CAS&A=1