De: "Scott Waby" <[log in to unmask]>
À: [log in to unmask]
Envoyé: Vendredi 1 Février 2019 10:36:37
Objet: Re: Compression LZW for TIF files

Hi Christophe,

Firstly, I'm amazed that you're still using Windows XP. Microsoft support/updates ended for this nearly 5 years ago, so it's a risky platform to use these days. Most IT sections forcibly removed XP machines from their networks some years ago for security reasons.

From a digital preservation point of view I wouldn't recommend using LZW compression. Although the patent is expired some years ago - there is always the risk that this could be challenged in some way, or that decoding will become a problem in the distant future. There is also the risks associated with bit rot on compressed files.

Have you tried using a different piece of software to change the keywords? like Photoshop?

Scott