Dear all

I have a question regarding montage for EEG data. My data analysis involves  eye-blinks artefact removal (topography-based correction, based on SVD and sensor data corrected using SSP) and then 3D source reconstruction (using BEM). I understand that there are many parameters involved in making decision on the best montage; e.g., it is better not to use an electrode as reference that is close to your predicted brain area. Are there some general guidelines? I would appreciate any help. Many thanks.

Have a good time
Amir-Homayoun