From: SPM (Statistical Parametric Mapping) [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Rezvan Farahi
Sent: 14 December 2018 12:50
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SPM] DCM for ERP- BMA vs. BPA

Dear SPM experts,
I'm using DCM for ERP and I'm comparing 4 models (5 ROIs per model). We have model 3 as a clear winner (mean F values are -609.40, -608.12, -526.34, -596.70).
In this case, I was wondering if it is correct to expect (a) straight parameter averaging of model 3 to yield similar results as (b) BMA and (c) BPA?

For our data, while (a) and (b) are similar, BPA estimations are different (table below).

I had a brief look at spm_dcm_bpa code and bpa.Ep seems to include parameter averaging but also weighting by covariance etc.
I'm wondering if it's normal to get different results from (a), (b), (c) in the presence of a clear winning model, or under which circumstances they should agree?

Thanks a lot!
Rezvan

0-250ms
Model 3 parameters