*Apologies for cross-postings*

FREE Event: UAL Teaching Platform: Thinking Differently - Addressing Attainment Differentials in Higher Education
http://events.arts.ac.uk/event/2019/2/5/UAL-Teaching-Platform-Thinking-Differently-Addressing-Attainment-Differentials-in-Higher-Education/
Tues 05 Feb 2018
9.30am to 4.30pm

Attainment differentials between students of colour and white students are being exposed and considered across higher education.  Members of the art and design higher education community are at different points in relation to recognising and addressing this problem.  Dr Gurnam Singh (2018) refers to ‘Awarding Gaps’ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxUS55LhHcM  to highlight the institutional responsibilities associated with attainment differentials.

This one day symposium will bring together educators and students who are leading work in this area.

Keynote
We look forward to welcoming Nona McDuff OBE, Director of Student Achievement, Kingston University as our keynote.

Who should attend?
This event is for tutors and leaders in art and design who want to understand (and address) the issues at stake.   Over the course of the day there will be practical workshops and keynotes that will share work on decolonising the art school curriculum, redesigning assessment approaches, addressing implicit bias and combating stereotype threat

Cost
This event is free.  Lunch is included.

Booking
Book your place online today! (Form at the bottom of the page). http://events.arts.ac.uk/event/2019/2/5/UAL-Teaching-Platform-Thinking-Differently-Addressing-Attainment-Differentials-in-Higher-Education/

We look forward to seeing you in February.
UAL TEACHING PLATFORM SERIES https://www.arts.ac.uk/about-ual/teaching-and-learning-exchange/events/teaching-platform-series?_ga=2.254132552.1388996624.1538993309-2129888250.1520848438

This event is part of a series hosted by University of the Arts London, exploring key issues in art and design teaching and learning in higher education. Each event includes leading speakers sharing current thinking in creative education and is designed to be interactive: delegates will have opportunities to engage in activities to support networking and engagement.
For more information about Teaching and Learning at UAL visit the Exchange website. http://www.arts.ac.uk/about-ual/teaching-and-learning/  You can subscribe to our mailing listhttp://arts.us10.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=e9422b5940332337d5f3eb6e6&id=a86c78bc29 for more details about these and other events, or follow us on Twitter @UALTLE.