Dear colleagues,

At KU Leuven University I'm working on a project that aims to develop an online overview tool specifically oriented on organizing active learning assignments.

We were thinking on starting with a basic overview over the different lessons and assignments for the courses in one semester.

Other aspects we would like to integrate or see as useful are the possibility to have basic communication on this online platform (between students, between students and professors, between professors ...), the possibility to immediately evaluate an activating assignment, ...

This online overview tool would be useful for both students (better planning, better distribution of workload, more efficient communication with professors ...) and professors (overview over other courses/assignments for other courses during the semester, uncover reasons why there are less students in their lessons at certain times, students who will deliver better work on time ...) as well as the faculty itself (better quality of education in the long term). ​

We start from scratch and want to investigate what the different possibilities are and if there are already best practices/examples of this kind of overview tools in other universities.

Can you tell us:

- If you have any similar tools in your university?

- What kind of factors you include/would include in this tool and/or see as useful to students/professors?

- How this tool is set up IT-wise? Or if you have ideas to organize this differently?

- Which problems you encountered while implementing this overview tool?

- ...

We look forward to hearing from you!

Many thanks in advance!

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Severijn

Severijn Marynissen
Projectmedewerker – DSO - FaBeR
Departement Bewegingswetenschappen

Tervuursevest 101 bus 1500

3000 Leuven

tel. +32 16 32 32 66
www.kuleuven.be/faber
www.facebook.com/faberkuleuven

To unsubscribe from the SEDA list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=SEDA&A=1