From: Research Data Management discussion list <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Catharine Bailey
Sent: Friday, January 4, 2019 8:11 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: No consent sought to archive/publish data

A very happy new year to you all!

I would be keen to find out what your position would be on archiving/publishing anonymised data which underpins analysis in a 2018 publication but that was collected back in 201,2 at a time when consent to archive/publish was not routinely sought.

Would anyone consider using controlled access in this situation? Or would you simply create a metadata record explaining that consent was not sought to publish and therefore it can not be shared.

I'd just been keen to hear what others are doing.

Many thanks,

Catharine Bailey
Research Data Manager
Brunel University London