Pushing Regions beyond their Borders
Regional Studies Association Annual Conference 2019

Wednesday 5th – Friday 7th June 2019
University of Santiago de Compostela, Santiago de Compostela, Spain

#RSASdC

Dear List members,

The 2019 RSA Annual Conference will be a major event in the field of regional and urban studies, policy and development. The conference aims to discuss how to push regions beyond all kinds of borders and we are calling upon the regional studies, policy and neighbouring communities to join us in Santiago de Compostela. More details on the conference’s themes and CfP are available at www.regionalstudies.org/events/pushing-regions-beyond-their-borders/

We welcome papers from all – academics, researchers, students and those working in policy and practice. The event is inclusive and offers networking opportunities for all in our field.

In addition to the intellectual stimulation, the conference will also offer ample networking opportunities during social events such as the gala dinner, reception, technical tours, networking workshop etc.

Plenary Sessions - The conference will feature high-profile plenary panels and presentations including:

  1. Urban and Regional Horizons Plenary Panel: Pushing Regional Studies beyond its Borders?
  2. Spatial Economics Analysis Annual Lecture - Rachel Franklin, CURDS, Newcastle University, UK
  3. Territory Politics Governance Annual Lecture “Taking Back Control? The Myth of Territorial Sovereignty and the Brexit Fiasco.” - John Agnew, Department of Geography, University of California Los Angeles, USA
  4. Policy Panel on job growth in cross border regions
  5. Anssi Paasi, Department of Geography, University of Oulu, Finland

More details at www.regionalstudies.org/sessions/pushing-regions-beyond-their-borders/

Special Sessions - The list of Special Sessions is available at www.regionalstudies.org/sessions/sdc-special-sessions/

POLICY THURSDAY - 6th June 2019

The day will feature a plenary panel on job growth in cross border regions that aims to go beyond the EU cooperation programmes, special sessions and paper sessions on issues and inputs concerned with place-based policies. A day registration rate is available. More details at https://bit.ly/2HdoDZ0

Technical site visits, walking tour and post conference tours - Friday 7th June 2019, 14.30-16.30

Free technical tours are available which will be run by members of the local organising committee, these tours will offer a wide range of perspectives and academic discussions. In addition, a touristic walking tour and post conference tours area available to explore the city, region and beyond. More details: https://bit.ly/2D9GQTc

Side Event- 2nd Networking Workshop for Early & Mid-Career Women in Regional Studies/Science – Saturday 8th June

This free networking workshop will be held on Saturday 8th June 2019, University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain. More details on the workshop and the registration are available at www.regionalstudies.org/events/2019-2nd-networking-workshop-for-early-and-mid-career-women-in-regional-studies-and-science/

Conference Bursaries - We are pleased to announce that the RSA has made a number of conference bursaries available which take the form of a registration fee waiver. More details at https://bit.ly/2TSaDW1

Best Paper Competition - More details at https://bit.ly/2RwpiJG

Free Membership Offer and Early Bird registration rates - At any point from the 1st January 2019, register for the Winter Offer and you will have an RSA membership until the 31st January absolutely free. More details at www.regionalstudies.org/news/the-regional-studies-winter-offer/

Reduced Early Bird conference registration rates for members and non-members are available until 28th February 2019. Please click here to register.

Accommodation -
Although Santiago de Compostela has many hotels, these will be very busy at the time of the conference, so we recommend that you book as soon as possible. In order to make a booking at any of the preferred hotels please use 019626 Studies Group (Santiago Congress) as the subject line and send your email to [log in to unmask].

If you have any questions or would like further information about the conference please do not hesitate to contact me.

I hope to see you in Santiago!

Best wishes,

Lesa

Lesa Reynolds
Project Manager – Events & Conferences

  cid:image004.png@01D48C85.2E4E7620 cid:image005.png@01D48C85.2E4E7620

Click HERE to continue receiving information about the Regional Studies Association, event and grant alerts now that GDPR has taken effect.

Regional Studies Association

Sussex Innovation Centre |Falmer, Brighton BN1 9SB|United Kingdom

Direct tel: +44(0)1273-669 017|mobile: +44(0)7917 798600
Company No 4116288|Charity No 1084165

icon-facebook.jpg  icon-twitter.jpg  icon-linkedin.jpg  blog.bmp  https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZW02z9dFg8C4E3QMkrPdmj1-mU1pYEFjn51I2LUpjHFiu5eqR

Take advantage of your RSA membership and apply for research & funding opportunities. Sign up to our e-bulletin for latest RSA news.

To unsubscribe from the PYGYWG list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=PYGYWG&A=1