From: The Natural Science Collections Association discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Helen Fothergill
Sent: 03 January 2019 10:14
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: conservation insurance query

Dear all - Asking for a colleague who is involved in a review of their procurement system:

The council’s procurement team are asking for individual conservators to re-register with the procurement group – and the question of insurance has become a sticking point.

All the conservators who they contract out to have, of course, a level of insurance. However, they are requesting that any work or assessment is covered for a period of six years post - is this usual?

Do you request or expect this?

Issues to consider are: the individual may go out of business, retire or change job… Would they, despite their circumstance, be expected to keep up that level of insurance?

This is not something we currently do in Aberdeen, but would be keen to know if we’ve been missing something, as well as helping my colleague with her query (in a different authority).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks, Helen

ACC_Crest_for mac email

Helen Fothergill | Head of Collections

Aberdeen City Council | Museums & Galleries | City Growth | Place

Aberdeen Maritime Museum | Shiprow| Aberdeen | AB11 5BY

Direct Dial: 01224 52 3676

Mobile: 07920 275 612

General Enquiries: 03000 200 293

www.aberdeencity.gov.uk | Twitter: @AberdeenCC | Facebook.com/AberdeenCC

For Aberdeen Art Gallery & Museums: www.aagm.co.uk | Twitter: @abdnartmuseums

Aberdeen Art Gallery is undergoing a major redevelopment. Support our Inspiring Art and Music fundraising campaign today at www.aagm.co.uk/donate

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail (including any attachment to it) is confidential, protected by copyright and may be privileged. The information contained in it should be used for its intended purposes only. If you receive this email in error, notify the sender by reply email, delete the received email and do not make use of, disclose or copy it. Whilst we take reasonable precautions to ensure that our emails are free from viruses, we cannot be responsible for any viruses transmitted with this email and recommend that you subject any incoming email to your own virus checking procedures. Unless related to Council business, the opinions expressed in this email are those of the sender and they do not necessarily constitute those of Aberdeen City Council. Unless we expressly say otherwise in this email or its attachments, neither this email nor its attachments create, form part of or vary any contractual or unilateral obligation. Aberdeen City Council's incoming and outgoing email is subject to regular monitoring.

To unsubscribe from the NATSCA list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=NATSCA&A=1

See our privacy notice for details on how we manage personal information.

Disclaimer: http://www.exeter.gov.uk/disclaimer